About Laurie + The New South
Building vitality and beauty from the inside out.
The short version.
The New South trains groups and individuals in the mind-body perspective combining yoga, coaching and live foods to heal our bodies, our lives and our families.
Laurie offers talks and experiences for corporations and wellness gatherings on whole health, social entrepreneurship and holding fast to our lives’ purpose through healing our relationship with our bodies and food.
The longer version.
After years spent as an attorney on the partnership track at a Manhattan-based law firm, the excitement of working on giant Wall Street deals could not compensate for a lack of a greater purpose and contribution. Life felt too short to breath recycled air for eighteen hours per day.
Laurie left her traditional career path as an attorney and began a blog and launched a business. The purpose then is the same as it is today: to support others in healing their relationship with eating and the body to find their greater purpose which is a big aspect of her own story. From changing careers, to navigating transitions, to honing personal style, The New South has grown and expanded over the last decade and continues to evolve to meet the needs of our growing community.
Through this flying leap of a career change, Laurie created the New South.
Together with the New South Community, Laurie writes articles, teaches classes and speaks publicly to illuminate a road home to our bodies and ourselves.
Join the journey.
Written and featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Self Magazine, elephant journal, Yoganonymous, Elle Magazine, Escape from Cubicle Nation, and Bespoke Magazine, Laurie’s mission for The New South is to advance our deepest connection to ourselves through healing our relationship with our food and our bodies.
- Executive Facilitator, certified by Hildebrandt Consulting
- Master Certified Life Coach and Mind-Body Facilitator
- E-RYT-200 Yoga Instructor
- Yoga Teacher Trainer for RYT-200 Yoga Schools
- Master Life Coach Trainer for Life Coach Schools
Additional background on Laurie:
- Undergraduate degree in English with honors from the University of Virginia
- Law degree with honors from the University of Texas School of Law
- Former M&A associate at Simpson Thacher and Bartlett in Manhattan
- Mom, Friend, Wife
- Juice addict, Tea snob, Wannabe Gearhead
Proud founder of The New South.