About Laurie + The New South
Building vitality and beauty from the inside out.
The short version.
The New South trains groups and individuals in the mind-body perspective combining yoga, coaching and live foods to heal our relationship with bodies and deepen our connection to our innate intuition.
Laurie also offers talks and experiences for corporations, wellness gatherings and entrepreneurs on whole health, social entrepreneurship and finding and walking our lives’ purpose through healing our relationship with our bodies and food.
The longer version.
After years spent as an attorney in Manhattan, it was time for a change. Life felt too short to breath recycled air for eighteen hours per day.
Laurie left her traditional career path as an attorney to launch a blog and a business, The New South. From changing careers to navigating transitions and honing personal style, The New South continues to evolve to serve the community’s needs, all while bringing the work to our relationship with our bodies and ourselves.
Through this flying leap of a career change, Laurie created the New South.
Together with the New South Community, Laurie writes articles, teaches classes and speaks publicly to help illuminate a road home to our bodies and ourselves.
Join the journey.
Written and featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Self Magazine, elephant journal, Yoganonymous, Elle Magazine, Escape from Cubicle Nation, and Bespoke Magazine, Laurie’s mission for The New South is to advance our deepest connection to ourselves through healing our relationship with our food and our bodies.
- Executive Facilitator, certified by Hildebrandt Consulting
- Master Certified Life Coach and Mind-Body Facilitator
- E-RYT-200 Yoga Instructor
- Yoga Teacher Trainer for RYT-200 Yoga Schools
- Master Life Coach Trainer for Life Coach Schools
Additional background on Laurie:
- Undergraduate degree in English with honors from the University of Virginia
- Law degree with honors from the University of Texas School of Law
- Former M&A associate at Simpson Thacher and Bartlett in Manhattan
- Mom, Friend, Wife
- Juice addict, Tea snob, Wannabe Gearhead
Proud founder of The New South.