Tuesdays @ 7pm EST October 20 to November 24.
Back by popular demand! And just in time for the holidays…
Up front, a diet promises you weight loss. You WANT what they say to be true, so you bite. And then you eat nothing but protein for a month (so hard to do; also, doesn’t work), or drink nothing but the stuff the “cleanse” permits (you won’t lose weight on a cleanse) or stop eating at 7pm every night, religiously (fat knows no time).
At best, you lose weight and then gain it back. At worst, you only get bigger. Ugh. Stupid diets. The vicious cycle of obsessing over what you’re eating, overeating and then berating yourself for overeating continues. The food thoughts and dissatisfaction with your body can be all consuming (and never fulfilling).
You have permission to feel stuck.
You’re frustrated with the constant struggle. As you should be! The diet industry is terrible. Terrible! It exists ONLY because diets don’t work – every customer who buys into a diet has to go back to the market place for more diets every time. This is, in my belief system, is very, very not okay.
Because, the reality is, it takes more than knowing to eat less and work out more to reach your ideal weight. You’re not crazy for knowing that and yet still wrestling with losing weight, gaining it, exercising enough, doing the right exercises — it’s really exhausting.
The good news is that you really and truly can reach at your ideal weight and just live in our own skin like a naturally thin person seems to do.
My background: or, why even bother listening to me.
Obviously you don’t want to learn from someone who doesn’t get it, and hasn’t been there. Like some ineffective guru who does everything perfectly. Or some perky, hyper-enthusiastic “let’s get going” mile-a-minute motivational former-camp-counselor-from-hell that is not realistic about the demands of your life. Nooooo!
On the other hand, there’s also no point in learning from someone who has your problem and hasn’t turned it around. I’ve turned it around. I’ve done the work and I’m doing the work to stay at my ideal weight.
My name is Laurie. And I seriously believe that if you deeply want to be in the body that is YOUR body instead of carrying the extra weight around, you absolutely, 100% can do it. BUT! You have to be willing to look and see what’s going on on the inside (we talk about feelings and there’s no stinkin’ way around it). And we figure it out in a compassionate, intelligent and conscious way.
Qualifications: I got some
- My personal success story: 35 pounds gone and I’m never going back. Hello, skinny jeans that fit all of the time! (10 years ago, I never thought I would say that)
- Lapsed disciplinarian.
- Knowing what doesn’t work in this process, having tried all sorts of useless or barely useful weight loss programs and “systems” to no effect.
- Knowing what does work, having tested my techniques on myself and clients.
- Coaching certification (and accompanying 9-month long, weekly training course) with Martha Beck, Oprah’s life coach and Harvard PhD smarty.
- Jumping-up-and-down-they’re-so-happy clients with wonderful stories to share (check out those stories!)
The zero-stress ridiculously sincere guarantee:
I know how miserable it is to try something that isn’t right for you. Plus the whole “working on your issues” thing even when it gets the weight off can be pretty intimidating. It’s important to my inner tree-hugger that you have the most anxiety-free experience possible working on your stuff.
So: if you give your best effort and aren’t satisfied with what you’ve learned, I will pay you back and I will ask you to gift the class materials to someone who could really use them. That way you get to be a connector and a giver of goodness, and someone else gets a path to relief.
I want the class info to be in the hands of people who love it. If it’s not right for you, no worries.
Think about what being at your ideal weight is worth:
You’re feeling energized and extremely confident in yourself, now that you have finally overcome this major life obstacle. And how many times have you gotten lost in that familiar vicious cycle of lecturing yourself about figuring this out. Stupid cycle. You know how it goes. Not losing weight. Getting mad at yourself for not losing weight. Getting mad at yourself for getting mad at yourself for not losing weight. Ugh.
You will absolutely make back as a result of productivity, confidence and perspective shift what you spend on this in hardly any time at all.
Like this. I used one of my own weight loss techniques the other day, after catching myself avoiding responding to an email. What I wanted to do was go to the kitchen for a snack (interesting diversion tactic! but not original) instead of responding to it. Doing the technique took five minutes. The snacking and self-loathing which would have successfully put off writing the email and is part of a cycle that puts on weight, ended up getting me a little consulting gig and bringing my business a heck of a lot more money than this program costs.
The point is, when you know what to do to lose weight – not just what to eat and how to exercise, but how to deal with the cravings and the compulsive eating – you save yourself not only all the pain, angst, self-loathing and merciless beating-on-yourself, you also lose weight – permanently.
My Fabulous People in the last Lose Weight Permanently class say:
- “Had to tell you – I have lost weight. Just 2 weeks in! I am kind of shocked. Mainly because I have been trying for a long time and never succeeded until now.”
- “WOW!!! I know it is just the first class, but I just got my money’s worth. So awesome!!! Ok if I forward the recording to a friend?”
- “LAUUUURRIIIIEEEE!!!! I can’t tell you how helpful its been, PARTICULARLY class 3. DUDE! like, MAJOR and deep revelations about my life, beliefs, thoughts and how they can all be so self sabotaging!!!
Location: Anywhere you have a telephone and can dial in!
Time: Tuesdays @ 7pm EST October 20 to November 24 (1 hour for class plus an optional 15 minute Q&A)
Cost: $199 after September 30
Class I: Everything You Need You Already Have, Part I
Class II: The New School of Exercise
Class III: Feelings are Not for Eating
Class IV: Think Thin Thoughts
Class V: Everything You Need You Already Have, Part II
Class VI: Tricks to Keep Your Success Successful
Giving people relief now and transforming lives is what I love love doing.
My whole thing is that I really love NEW challenges and innovate FRESH ways to do this, this will be the last time I offer the class.
- You don’t have the time. It is okay if you have a conflict one night – the classes are recorded, you won’t miss out on a thing.
- You are already on a diet. Your diet is compatible with what we do because I don’t tell you what to eat or how to move. I teach you how to think, how to end the war with yourself and our work will not ruin your diet. (But when I’m done with you, you won’t need diets no mo’!)
- You have an active social live and don’t want to devote 1 hour per week. Well, that’s dumb. You have one hour per week for you, and that’s cramping your social life? I don’t buy it. Especially because it’s done by 8pm and on a Tuesday.
- What’s a weight coach, anyway? A weight coach, at least what I do as a weight coach, is someone who gets you over those obstacles that have kept you failing all of these years. Together, we look at your role in this weight battle, the role of your thoughts and also anything in your environment. And we freaking change it. It’s fun and a fast way to make changes that stick.
- Money is an issue. This is way, way cheaper than other classes on the market. What’s more is that I’ve been really effective in weight coaching, I’ve been there and I’m a normal person that happens to be a “life coach” (terrible term, let’s really figure out a better one). Plus, my program has loads of bonus stuff that’s killer:
- New information and discussion
- 15 minutes of Q&A after each class
- Weekly assignments
- Weekly tips and updates
- Personal feedback
- Full email access to me in between classes
- A group of like-minded classmates to learn from and support/be supported by.
You can opt out – no questions asked – anytime before class starts in case you get cold feet too. Just email info(at)blueprintbalance(dot)com and you’re out, baby.
Space is limited to 8 people! I’m considering making it 6 people, though, because I have a good feeling about 6 weeks and 6 people. The last class sold out weeks before it started and you can always get a refund, so if you’re thinking this is for you, you might want to reserve a spot.
Being in your right body is not overrated. Being in your right MIND while also in your right body is the best state of existence I have ever experienced.
Not in a hype-y way, in a really deep and meaningful way. I realize now that on some level, I knew that before I lost the weight and that’s part of why I really, really wanted to lose it. I bet you have the same suspicions. You are so so right.
[Hi guys! We are sold out! Sorry sorry sorry. Sign up here to be the FIRST to know about the next class]